Once I had sympathy for Alaistair Crowley, and thought that he was simply a man who attempted to explain pre-monotheist worldviews to a monotheist society, and the blowback and senseless denial drove him over the edge into Luciferianism.   Maybe it was something else.

When I was fifteen a best friend handed me a copy of Robert Anton Wilson's "Illuminatus!" trilogy.

What IS "light"?  Is light the real "anti-matter"?   The mass in light, physicists theorize, is photons, but has mass all the same.   When you bluetooth a file from a cellphone to a computer, is that "teleportation"?

Some might say that it is.  Do YOU understand the Discordian Society?   Many people insist that "Eris" is not real and that's why  they worship her.

In my view, Sixties America had folks looking for truths outside the limited United States' spiritualism, and thus many paths led to Zen Buddhism, in particular the schools that used koans - illogical absurdities - in the hopes of triggering "enlightenment."  The backdrop of worship of the goddess of confusion might have been the best one for a context where people seeking something called "enlightenment" inevitably encountered something deception-based called "the Illuminati."

It has been called a "net-based religion,"  but a true fact of American literary history was that writers met and discussed and wrote about these things in the years between 1952 and 1972...

...a religion that emphasized joking and humourousity

You need to be a member of galacticSpacebook to add comments!

Join galacticSpacebook

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• a world dominated by imbalance, and injustice, 

needs a strong and profound perception of the divine that is feminine.  that's my opinion, of course, i see it as Truth2175990803?profile=original

• i understand it for myself as 

the idea that perfection is always expanding and changing (I paraphrase the astrologer Brezny)

and, as such, we can never "know it all."  a sense of mystery, wonder and awe might accompany those 

who seek knowledge, since, no matter how much you learn there will always be more to astound, mystify and teach.

One of the many mottoes of the Legion of Dynamic Discord:  "It's an ill wind that blows no minds."

This may not have blown your mind, but I am warming up.

(what does this have to do with here and the topics of this site?  I am a White Spectral World-Bridger, and this matters to me, these are my thoughts, I consider them on-topic.)

• No surprise that someone of your archetype would be interested in such matters. RA Wilson himself was White Spectral Dog, or so internet reports have lead me to believe. Refinement of Liberation, love and death are pretty big jobs that both emphasis dissonance, a power of the 11th ray. Just yesterday, RA Wilson's book, Quantum Psychology caught my attention once again. Have you read it? 

As a yellow rhythmic warrior, using the equality of all intelligence, I find that the best way to break open an existing paradigm is not to create a new one, i.e. discordian as a movement itself persay, but rather to press the contradictions already established in existing traditions such as Quantum mechanics, Christianity, pop culture, and government. 

I don't identify discordian but would understand if another classified myself so. Labels seem a bit forced, especially when used by a group. Individuality is the key to self-liberation  and when groups take over the uniqueness that is the source of the true discordian philosophy may be lost. Making up one's own definition for what they are seems like the way to go, emulate the ones you love by doing what they did and creating your own philosophy. 

Trans-saetian Pristine Earthian for example!

This reply was deleted.
Live Support